I lay here a week until Christmas Eve and have not been able to do shopping for my children . Now I know what the meaning of Christmas is and so do my children. I have also been making sure to talk a lot about helping others and how Christmas is not about getting 'stuff' . It's hard with commercialism to shelter kids from stuff. They don't beg for things. But still deep down I feel so guilty . I grew up baptist an different than my children . So a part of me still remembers Christmas morning getting up to find 'what Santa left' . I have never really done it that way with my kids because I still remember when I found out Santa Claus wasnt 'real' I was devastated . Silly I know . But I have always been honest with my children . It was them tht sort of chose to believe . The evil TV and even shows on PBS focused on Santa Claus . I always let my kids believe in fairy tales if they chose . I didn't I around saying 'if you are good you get gifts '
I could talk hours about the whole thing.
But as hard as i try I feel
Bad. Because I know I can not afford to go out and buy 6 children 3 gifts each . That is what I normally did , 3 gifts exaggerated like Jesus received.
It doesn't help felicity on her own with her sisters help wrote a letter to Santa asking for those 3 things . Its on the mantle still ....
I am filled with so much guilt . Our family isn't what it use to be. They fight and don't understand why . I don't understand. Why either . I never thougt I would be a solo mom . Ryan still has not improved he is still in ga. Until a few days ago we didn't hear from him . Now he has skyped and the kids have seen him . Full beard and obviously put on a lot of weight. A low tolerance when the kids are loud on Skype . He has
Mentioned seeing the kids before Christmas . I honestly don't want him here . We don't know him anymore . I'm afraid of what he might do. I don't trust him and neither do the kids . They have been let down and lied too so much . But there is the guilt again . The maybe or what if . Yes I know I am crazy.
I am scared . Once again waiting for the ARNG to pay this month for incap . So far pay and no les have gone up. So that means no pay before Christmas . But I'm ok . I am blessed to have 6 beautiful healthy children . While things here are so hard I am still thankful .
Praying for you and your family. I understand your feelings of not being able to provide Christmas. We have been there. Somehow, it always worked out. People donated gifts or our church helped out when we werent expecting it. This year has been a struggle for us as well. Thinking and praying for y'all .
ReplyDeleteThank you!
ReplyDelete