The Gospel for Today is Luke 10:38-42
Jesus entered a village
where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him.
She had a sister named Mary
who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak.
Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said,
"Lord, do you not care
that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving?
Tell her to help me."
The Lord said to her in reply,
"Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things.
There is need of only one thing.
Mary has chosen the better part
and it will not be taken from her."
WWMD?? (what would mary do)
I know I do not always share the Gospel readings but since I sadly had to miss Mass today due to my baby having a fever all day, and myself not feeling well I needed to take time and read and ponder the readings.
Im not a scholar by any means but God did make me a very intune attached momma. As I read the Gospel at first all could do was chuckle...because my oldest daughter Dehvin is an amazing teen that loves to help me. She is the firstborn, the mother hen so to speak. Not that the other children are any less helpers ...my point well she is the one always scurrying around cleaning....and she will say to her siblings or esp to me so and so is not helping mom are you going to do anything...Of course I do ..
But taking this reading more to heart :
"There is need of only one thing.
Mary has chosen the better part
and it will not be taken from her."
Mary chose to sit and listen to Jesus...
I chose to follow my God given instincts and nurse my babies, to wear my babies/toddlers...no one can take that away from me. If every mom would follow her heart, her instincts that God gave to us, and stay attached to their babies , would' nt the world be so much better?
To me the most important thing is nursing and loving our babies, the house can wait, the cleaning can wait the world can wait..Sit, listen, read, love your children...they will be only little once..
The picture above is me holding Sebastian in the sling like I do everyday....what a beautiful thing! So when I attend to the house, dinner or reading to the children, I do so with my baby close to me...
Have a Blessed week ahead.....
Awesome! You are a beautiful mother. I am so glad you shared your deep thoughts on the readings. That must be why God has trusted you with 6 so far.
ReplyDeleteGreat Post Lisa... O if more women would understand how beautiful life is nurturing our children and raising them close to the Lord and close to us..
ReplyDeleteServing Jesus in our homes first..
Many blessings,
♥Virginia♥