Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Rest in Peace Dawn Olschewske

We have had a rough week. Last friday, November 4, Ryan called at about 6:30 pm. Ansely answered because I had my hands in dough for chicken and dumplings...I knew something was terribly wrong because he was crying. HE told me 'dawn died'. I was as he was in total shock.
Dawn was his oldest sister and she lived in upstate New York. So we rarely saw her. But I spoke to her on the phone almost weekly. She was MY sister, not just my sister in law. I loved her dearly. We would talk for HOURS late at night after my kids settled down. Ryan has another brother and sister. But I was closest to Dawn. She has always supported me through everything I did even when the rest of the family did not.
We are waiting to hear the results of an autopsy. She woke up in the morning at 7, had chest pains and numbness in her legs. She was taken to the ER via ambulance. MANY tests were ran. After lunch she ate a little and began to vomit. According to her husband. She then just fell over dead. They worked on her sometime to revive her. But were unsuccessful. She was pronounced at 2:30 pm. We are thinking it was a blood clot.
Please keep our family in your prayers. This has been a huge shock so soon after the death of Ryan's father, David on September 16.
I am thankful although under terrible circumstances we got to spend some time with Dawn.

Rest in Eternal Peace Dawn......We love you and will miss your laugh!

Here is a link to the obituary  http://newzjunky.com/obits/1108olschewskeobit.htm

This is a picture of David, Agnes  and three of the oldest Olschewske children (dawn was the oldest)


This sadly was the only picture I got of Dawn in september because she had to fly back to NY and I never got another picture. But I think the brother has some. I hope to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!