Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Healing, injuries and a long birth

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted. One reason was just coping with my poor Sebastian's injuries, the chin and his head were just a bit much for me to cope with. Not to mention losing sleep because my poor boy HAD to sleep on top of me. He would not sleep on his head with the staples in. A friend and her husband came over and helped (basically removed) the staples last week. While it was rough we did it. Now I have been working hard to keep him as safe as I can. He is such a active boy. SO far the injuries seem to have taught him to be less crazy... He hasn't been jumping on the bed and throwing his body into the walls. I am awaiting a consult with child find next week for his speech and a few other concerns. We will see how it goes. I am not too thrilled with the referral I got....I wanted to go to Nemours.....I will give this a go first and go from there.

I also had a last minute doula client a week and half ago. IT was a great birth , warrior momma but it was LONG. I was with her for 28 hours. She was in labor 38 hrs. I was EXHAUSTED. Then ended up fighting off a cold I think. AND I NEVER get sick.

This weeks fun has been my washer has been leaking, a lot apparently it smells musty. Luckily I have a great landlord. She had me go to Home Depot today and pick out new washer. I had a repair come yesterday and said the washer was not in good shape and also had a few dangerous burned wires....So as my MOUNTAIN of laundry builds....Hope to have a washer by Saturday.

I am also healing, inside. Or I am trying to. I feel so alone a lot. One friend is going thru a difficult time  and she is moving away. But she is also closing me out it seems. Everyone more than likely. I have been on FB less. I am over the drama...But stay connected for my 'business' and a my virtual catholic homeschool friends. More and more I feel like "friends" are not really friends. I feel like I am always there for people when they call me or need something. But except for FB sadly I feel alone. It is hard to explain and friends reading my blog I hope not to offend. While our virtual world is easier at times. It is not as "friendly" I miss having a friend that I can go to her house and hangout with my kids, bake or just sit and talk. I moved away from one of my best friends in 2004. We still keep in touch somewhat. But it has gotten less and less. AS she has  closer friends etc. She is my children's God mother. We will always be connected. I just miss our friendship like it was. When I first moved here I seemed to have a few friends In the HS group. Now NO one calls me. Just today my daughter told me several were getting together and having dinner together ...I NEVER get invited to come over with my children and hang out. I hear about parties, birthday parties and such and me or my children have not been invited. I mean these 'friends' know what a difficult time I have been going thru. They are Catholic and Christian. It is just hurtful and I do not know why. I mean I am not a needy person.
 I always put myself out there for others. Maybe it is time to stop. I am a very giving person. Yea I guess I am having a pitty party tonight. Maybe I expect too much from others. Maybe I should move away and start a new life.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    :(

    I love you Lisa! I am always here for you even though we are not close by. I feel alone a lot too. Just me and my boys most of the time other than when Jim is home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!