Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rest in Peace Debbie Moortgat

I am so deeply said and in shock to have learned my friend and accupuncturist has passed away suddenly . This past year I had been going to see her at first for severe tendinitis and then she helped me with Premeno issues . She was a friend , healer and ' therapist' . As I laid on her table I remember her always encouraging me to relax that this was MY time and I deserved it . She always told me how amazing she thought I was being a single mom to 6 . I can not begin to share how much she meant to me and how much she helped me . I have always been terrified of needles and never imagined I would ever see an accupuncturist . But a fellow catholic told me  about her and how special she was . Plus she was right by my house ( I walk by her office everyday on the way to the beach) her office was t new age and I fact she was Christian and her husband was Catholic .

I had not been able to get in to see her in a few months due to just being broke . She was so sweet and understanding and money wasn't a issue , she often held a check for me so I could be seen and many times just saw me . She always told me call When I needed too . 

I called her cell phone Thursday to see if she could see my daughter because she had a horrible migraine, she was always so generous with her time . But this time someone else answered her cell which surprised me . The lady sadly informed me " are you patients of Debbie's I'm sorry to have to tell you this but she passed away two weeks ago" 
I asked a few questions , and learned she had been diagnosed with stomach cancer just 6 weeks prior. 

I still can't wrap my head around the fact she is gone. So many dear friends I know have lost loved ones the past month . It's just all so heartbreaking .

Debbie may you rest in eternal peace with our Lord . Pray for me sweet lady . I will always remember and Honor you and make sure to take time for me to recharge so I am able to be there for my children , others and give like you preached at me about . I can see your kind face and hear your calming voice .

Here is her obituary.  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/staugustine/obituary.aspx?pid=174046976

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenni. It has been a very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!