Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Silence

Well one of my girls told me one day that I need to update my blog...I was doing pretty good at posting then the past few months just became overwhelmed....I am working on my DONA Doula certification for one. I finally got a website! http://www.gracefulbeginningsdoula.com/
I had no idea how much work was involved in buying a domain and setting up a cheap little website! But I am proud to say I DID it myself. It is nothing fancy yet....someday I will. I served at a sweet birth last week, my first as a Doula! I have been to several births over the years for friends. I LOVE birth! Nothing like witnessing a new life enter this world. It was another catholic momma so it was even more precious. I am thinking I should post another time soon about her birth thru my eyes....In a respectful way not disclosing her name of course. :)

Dehvin decided she was ready to "graduate" in June even though she should go another year. We felt she was ready....The joys of homeschooling. Now we are working on more of her college prerequsites  for nursing school! I am also enrolling ansely into the local virtual school this coming year. Just to see how it goes. She is excited to learn chinese! Ill keep you posted no this decision....Since I have always either unschooled or used our Designing your own Catholic Classic Curriculum.

One of my reasons for switching gears is our lives having taken a turn. We survived a deployment last year....but sadly as with many of soldiers his return has come with MANY challenges. I have prayed and debated do I dare post anything then I decided yes I need to . I started seeing a coucilor when ryan returned because I knew reintegration woudl be difficult I was told.That therapist was not my cup of tea.Recently I found a Catholic Councilor and so far so good. Well with the councilor any way.

As we suspected ryan was recently officially diagnosed with PTSD, mTBI, memory loss and hearing loss. Before you say really ? He was in Iraq I didnt think it was dangerous there...Neither did I. I still have little knowledge of what all happend. Except my husband's truck (the one he was driving and he was a combat medic) was hit by an IED. That I was told destroyed the truck. This was not a little truck either.

We are in the midst of what I feel is a crisis in our family. Those that readmy little blog I beg your prayers. I need a miracle . I am told it may take years for him to recover....There is much going on. Much I can not post in a blog. Except right now I am alone again with my children. I do not watch the news , people have no real idea what life is like being a military wife. Nor how it feels to live thru a deployment and beyond until you  have lived thru one.

I read somewhere recently that the war comes home....the battle is still being fought...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!