Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Almost another ER trip

Tonight felicity raised up an hit her eyebrow under the bar/counter.
I was sadly at the store . So I told Ansely to have dad put the helschrysum oil on it (because it stops bleeding as does lavender) he didn't so I did as soon as I got home (probably 15 min later).
The bleeding stopped except some oozing . So I had the tough decision to make. Stitches or not? It's such a Tough call. We have had our share of stitches and it's not always nice ...it's darn traumatic . And it depends on the nurse you get .
She was screaming begging me not to take her. So I posted on Facebook a photo. Facebook has been such a help to me! I mean yes I'm married to a army medic hello! But he just wasn't helping . So after an hour or so and dinner and bath. I tried to steri strip it. It wouldn't hold together. So tomorrow I will try I butterfly it after many great Facebook ideas. A couple steri strips and dermabond on top. Tonight i put my oils and gold seal salve on it. And now princess sleeps....I will keep you updated on how this plays out....
I'll post a few Close ups in bl white and one of her happy in the bath that we didn't go for stitches.....

Happy about not going in for stitches the others are right after it happened

2 comments:

  1. OH NO! This looks a lot like the one Patrick had under his eye last year. I could not steri strip it... it was too close to his eye. The dermabond works great for delicate skin like this. She will have a small scar no matter what. I would do it sooner than later. Just be carful not to glue your finger to her face. The nurse glued her glove to Patricks cheek. It was much better than stitches on the face.

    I am always worried about our corners on the countertop...I'm surprised we haven't had this happen yet.

    She does look happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today there is still swelling. I decided after looking at it just to leave it alone. I am keeping my goldenseal salve and EO on it. Hoping the lavender does the trick with minimal scarring...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!