This morning I got the news off Facebook, since I no longer have regular TV. That our beloved Pope was resigning, read here http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/papal-resignation-is-rare-historical-event/ . And http://catholicexchange.com/full-text-of-benedicts-declaration/
So it seems like we are all 'giving up' the same thing during Lent. Our Pope Benedict. I guess it is how one looks at it. As I see it this sad shocking news will no doubt encourage even more prayers and offering up. The bad will of course be the negative media specualtions and the general public that says horrible things about the catholic faith. We just all need to pray even more even deeper.
Pope Benedict's resignation is one of such humility. He states it is due to his declining health. I can not imagine what a difficult decision this has been for him. But the great man he is knows how difficult it was for the catholic's when Blessed Pope John Paul II passed away. He was the the Pope I came to know as a convert. I know I am not alone in missing him. I do not feel I am 'good' enough with words to properly express what this means for our Catholic faith. But I do know I will be praying and fasting even more this Lent.
I have also decided to "back off" facebook. I will still be on some. But I will not post much or what I post will be positive and prayerful. My hope is to blog much more instead. But most of all spend that time I am on facebook I hope to use to pray, read and focus on my children.
I enjoy facebook. My best friends are there. I get most all my news there. And my doula and photography business depends a lot on fb. My backing off will be more of not posting things that seem to offend..But that is difficult because even my faith can offend.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!