I was working out in my bedroom with my laptop on a "live feed" of the chimney waiting to see a sign, the white smoke. What was interesting was the sea gulls a couple of them would perch atop the chimney. I took that as a sign , it was not a dove, but it was a white bird :). IT was around 1:45 pm. I told the children we would find out during the hour of mercy who the next Pope was......I just had that feeling. IT was a VERY strong feeling.
I had not watched the live coverage tuesday. But again it was so strong a feeling today to watch . I snapped pics from the live feed on my iphone.
I heard the cheers(latin) first and we knew it was time! The WHITE SMOKE! Praise be to God we had a Pope elected.
This was a excited day for me and my children. I am a convert. We converted in 2003. WE loved Blessed John Paul II. I also loved Pope Benedict. But not as much as Blessed JPII. So I had not paid attention as much when Pope Benedict was elected. I watched a little . But I was sad about Blessed JP II death.
My kids went nuts. We were all so excited. I do nto have cable Just internet and a internet ready DVD player that has a web browser. So I streamed EWTN in the living room, my lap top and my iphone!
Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected our new Pope. He chose the name Pope Francis. I am sure we will learn much more about this man in the coming days. I wanted to add I spiritually adopted this priest to pray for during the conclave
Jorge Urosa Sabino, from Venezuela, born 28.8.1942.
He's been a Cardinal since 24.3.2006 and his function is: Archbishop of Caracas, Venezuela
He's been a Cardinal since 24.3.2006 and his function is: Archbishop of Caracas, Venezuela
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio first appearance was that of a kind, humble man.He looks like my grandfather that passed away when I was 17!
First Words of Pope Francis
Thank you God for the many blessings of today. And God Bless Pope Francis!
One of the Sea gulls atop the chimney
Nearing sunset
WHITE SMOKE!
Here are some of the children in the living room!
The beautiful bells were ringing
Sebastian on an ipod
Ethan in front of my laptop (my laptop feed was faster )
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!