This story was on catholic exchange this morning. Grab a tissue. http://catholicexchange.com/saints-are-still-being-made-meet-chiara-corbella/
There is not much I can say that is not in the story. Except it makes me ponder my life and all I am dealing with.
It goes along with a sad weekend. I learned of a friend of mine's friend that suffered a stroke on friday. A 30 year old mother with 5 children! She died Sunday.Here is a link . http://hacklfamilyfund.com/
I am having a really difficult time lately trying to understand the 'greater good' in so many families that have been torn apart by death. Two other families I know lost their moms to cancer. One was another homeschooling family in ga. I knew her personally , briefly thru homeschool baseball. I would chase then sit and nurse ethan. She sit and talk with me. . The other was a very dear friend of mine.
I miss her so much. I can not imagine the pain the children feel. I 'talk' to them on facebook sometimes. I know a few of them are struggling. They were homeschooled now this year are in public school. Their mom managed to homeschool them thru cancer treatments. IT was her deep passion. I understand why the dad enrolled them in public school. But it still makes me so sad.
I was with her when she discovered the lump. I do not think many if any others know this. We were a lot a like in our cooking and passion for natural and organic foods. Though I feel she was way more saintly than I was. I looked up to her . Our kids played together while we baked bread. I think about her everyday and pray for her to help me be the mother I am suppose to be. We first met in a natural foods store in jax. I am glad they opened a seperate location. But I sometimes go into the original location. And can see her standing by the bulk area where we first met. The last place I saw her alive was ironically my favorite place, the mission grounds, AKA our lady of la leche shrine grounds.
I met another sweet mom on Fb. Another catholic. Her husband was a police officer. He was killed in action a few months ago. She posts little notes to him on his page and hers. It makes me cry. I do not understand , why. He was a wonderful catholic husband and father. Taken too soon. Another family suffers. here is the fb page read here
Then there is my sweet neighbor. Her husband passed away right when Sebastian was born. They were never able to have children. She still mourns him. He was such a kind loving husband.
This leads me to my situation. While my husband is alive, as I have written many times, it is as if he died on iraq. I still mourn the life I had, the husband I had. I know he is still alive , but chooses not to be a part of our lives. It is as if I am widow. It would be easier honestly if he had died in iraq. Atl least then the children would not feel as they do, abandoned.
I struggle every day with what I need to do. the life I had is gone. I have been a stay at home mom half my life. I never went to college. Now I am faced with going to school. I am still working on that. Another post in the future.
I am thankful I am still alive , here with my children.I am not afraid of death. I know this earthly home is just a 'pit stop' to our heavenly home. But i do not want to leave my children , yet.....
Be thankful for all you have. HUG your children everyday. Love your neighbor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!