On February 24 I was officially commissioned as a extra ordinary Eucharistic Minister.
It is something I felt called to when I was in the hospital for over a month when I was pregnant with Sebastian, almost 4 years ago.
I had to beg it seemed to have the Eucharist brought to me ( and I was in a catholic hospital ) I was told their was a shortage of Eucharistic ministers . And we already know we have a shortage of catholic priests .
Some people I have heard do not feel we should have Eucharistic ministers . That the priests should be the only ones giving Holy Communion . I am not at all doing this to replace a priest .
Others also feel a female shouldn't be a Eucharistic minister . Bare with me a little .
I do understand this thought process . But as a female and a mother if many . I know how difficult it can be to get to mass when we have a sick baby or child . And as a nursing mom I could not , leave my baby . So I would miss mass . I have heard from many moms that struggle with this .
Sure some moms pump and use bottles of breast milk . But me and many moms I know whom ecologically breastfeed and attachment parent this is not an option . Besides a sick little one needs momma and nursing is more than food , as we know its comfort .
I hope to reach out to the moms in my parish and let them know the homebound ministry is also available for them .
I know when a EM would visit me at the hospital and spend a few minutes praying with me is what got me thru that very difficult time. Us moms need that Grace .
It's not meant to replace the Mass at all . But I know way too many moms with several children close in age that had to miss mass .
I will also be bringing the Holy Eucharist to nursing homes and the sick .
So please pray for me.
Here a picture from the mass.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!