Saturday, November 12, 2011

Broken promises broken hearts

It's so hard seeing your children hurting and angry knowing there is nothing you can do . Knowing the thing they need won't or can't be there.
Since Ryan took he job in Kansas this past month the children have been sad and angry.
He has become more and more distant . Hardly answers his phones let alone my txt messages . I rarely talk to him . So I txt and the kids can over hear my frustration and hurt . However he ignores most of my txt.

Just this week he told Felicity on the phone two different days he would Skype with them. It's not like he is deployed he can go Skype. However he didn't and I had to listen to the younger ones cry about how daddy broke another promise . I do tell him do not tell them you are going to do something and not do it.

I keep reminding them daddy isn't well. He does have a brain injury and memory loss. But to a 5 years old they can't understand that. Even I'm struggling with understanding it. You don't see a physical injury or scar so it's hard especially when he has been gone for over 6 weeks to remember.
The few times I talk to him he is jut not very empathetic . They say it's apart of the PTSD an tbi. All I know is the children are broken hearted .

I took this picture of Ethan this morning while he kept trying to call his dad after he promised to Skype this morning....

5 comments:

  1. Wow this stinks....why couldn't you all go with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so hard I know. Your husband has found out that you doing everything give him the freedow he found fun with the younger guys. Now he don't want his old kind of life. You can do one of two things. Give the baby a bottle find someone to keep the kids get something sexy and go find him. Be free for just him and don't worry about the kids. Laugh alot and don't show the hurt. It's what he needs he thinks. Or say the hell with him. But if you do when he does come around always look great, not like a mom, ware make up more redo your hair. Show him what he gave up. Don't fall for this head thing. He knows what he is doing. He is playing with your head. What you want to do girl. Make a plan and do it one way or the other. Just do something do't put yourself and kids through his little games. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Lisa, I hope you take the advise above with a good laugh. As always, let the Lord be your guide and consolation. Your not one to put on a show...you have been through so much with Ryan....he knows your hurting, he knows the kids are hurting....he needs to get himself, his mind better before he can be your husband and a father to his children again. I hope he is following up in Kansas with appointments like he said he would. It is my prayer that you will one day be the family you desperately crave. On a side note....be true to yourself and your faith....be who God called you to be. Ryan loves his family...he needs help. Keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Erika. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. So simple yet so hard. Praying for you and esp your kids. St. Rita, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those that know me know I trust in God and what ever his plan is... As hard as it is. We cant move to kansas and he never asked us to. As far as I know he has not been to any appts in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!