Monday, December 19, 2011

Advent , Art and more

So I think I need to get back to some positive posts and share what I have been doing so far during Advent with my children.

We celebrated the feast of Saint Nicholas by leaving shoes out to have a treat left.

 My first three early risers.....



I also really wanted to do a Jesse Tree this year. So with Ansely's help I stayed up till 2 am and made the ornaments....



I bought a purple little tree for advent. And each day we hang an ornament with scripture and we read and talk about it.


 I set up a little table with my manger scene and prayer books.... Believe me it doesnt look like this long. Felicity LOVES to play with it. The cats  destroy the tree every night. And my poor ornaments are getting destroyed by the kittys! I have not done a good job keeping up with the readings....But I am trying....



I already had a my advent wreath set up. HIGH. I had ordered a new one this year and it was two weeks into advent when it arrived. It is a candle chandalier! These are the first photos of it with artificial greenery. I JUST replaced it today with real greenery from our Christmas tree we just got...and No its not up and decorated yet,,









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!