Monday, May 07, 2012

Deed and Truth

Sunday Mass readings spoke to my heart and wanted to share these readings, After the scripture I will share more why.

Reading 2
1 Jn 3:18-24
Children, let us love not in word or speech
but in deed and truth.
Now this is how we shall know that we belong to the truth
and reassure our hearts before him
in whatever our hearts condemn,for God is greater than our hearts and knows everything.
Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us,
we have confidence in God
and receive from him whatever we ask,
because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
And his commandment is this:
we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ,
and love one another just as he commanded us.
Those who keep his commandments remain in him, and he in them,
and the way we know that he remains in us
is from the Spirit he gave us.

Gospel Jn 15:1-8
Jesus said to his disciples:
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower.
He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit,
and every one that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit.
You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you.
Remain in me, as I remain in you.
Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own
unless it remains on the vine,
so neither can you unless you remain in me.
I am the vine, you are the branches.
Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,
because without me you can do nothing.
Anyone who does not remain in me
will be thrown out like a branch and wither;
people will gather them and throw them into a fire
and they will be burned.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you,
ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you.
By this is my Father glorified,
that you bear much fruit and become my disciples."

I have a few thougths on the above readings. "Children, let us love not in word or speech but in deed and truth."
To ME this says actions speak louder than words. I seem to have very few true friends anymore. I have many "facebook friends" which in all honesty have been more of "friend" to me than any local "friends" I thought I had. I have a few local friends. All are very busy homeschool mommas like myself. And I GET that. I email every now and then asking "friends" for prayers. I think some are aware of the difficulties I am living. Others may not or just do not want to know about it. I know I have been whiney before about feeling alone with no friends let alone family.
I would do anything for my friends and I think they know this. Not just my prayers but in my actions.

During my struggles I have been SO blessed by several people that have sent me help in various forms. And to YOU if YOU read this GOD BLESS you. I pray for those that surprise me with acts of kindness. You have NO idea what your gifts have done fo rmy family. Gift cards for groceries , even money orders.

I guess I am mainly writing this to point out no matter who you are or where you are. If you have friends, be a friend. CALL your friends or txt but calls are special, show up and hug a friend. Bring dinner to a family . Dont bury yourself in your own pity be a doer. Go out and do unto others as you would LIKE done to YOU.

To all of you that pray for us, God Bless you and Give you Grace.  Those that have sent me cards, gift cards etc God Bless you and Give you Grace.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!