
Vegan Chocolate Cake
|
Vegan German Chocolate Frosting
1 cup Coconut Milk (I use So Delicious)
1/3 cup coconut milk creamer
1 1/4 cups organic sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water until smooth
2 1/2 cups organic flaked coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
Instructions
- In a medium saucepan, mix the coconut milk, coconut milk creamer, sugar, and vanilla together. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Cook for one minute after it boils. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes (mixture should still be warm) before spreading on cake





Sounds delightfully yummy. I love German chocolate cake and the realgerman frosting. My Oma made a what she called health food version that used coconut milk also. It was so good served warm.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try to make this for my dad on fathers day.
Sebastian looks so adorable and happy.
It was one of the best next to the coconut cake I made. It was really easy also. I can walk ya thru it.
ReplyDelete