He left over a week ago. He came down to get his 'stuff". He continued to txt and left messages asking for money to get back to GA.You can read my blog posts from last week or so and reviewclick here.
The last message I got was so mean, so threatening and shocking. I have not heard from him since. I learned from his sister he made it back because his brother wired money. He has not called or txt. He has not even called to speak to the children. Nor has he written.
I have had much to think about this week. And have talked to certain people, including and advocate at Betty Griffin Outreach. At this time I feel it best to leave things as they are. Filing a divorce means attention from the courts. And what I have learned is in my state it is a 50/50 state. Not that I would keep the children from the dad they knew, but I will not have a court make me share custody with an unstable person....that could hurt them. Financially nothing would change since he doesnt have a job.
Sure they may make him get help but that is not enough for me. So for now...I must move on. Pray and trust God to keep on taking care of us.
I talked to his sister briefly. She apparently wrote him a letter and read it to me. She basically said to him what I have MANY times. I told her do not expect anything. This past week has proven to me he has no intention of taking care of us. The message he left was horrible and yes I have it save in my cell phone with a few other threatening calls.
I am struggling this week. Maybe i am just tired from a sinus thing. But at times I think how am I going to keep doing this? Alone? Lent begins in a few days. I am going to really work harder on my prayers , Adoration and family rosaries.
Sorry Lisa.... Unfortunately the court system can really suck. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteThank you Amanda.....yes apparently it does...
Delete