Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Excessive use of electronics ??

Many of us including my self own an iPhone ,iPod or iPad . I have an iPhone only. Yes my children love it and it can be a great resource for learning . Or does it? It depends on how often your child uses it. Does the child get out and dig in the dirt? Is it a baby sitter?
I read on Facebook a lot and there are funny cards with sayings to get points across with out actually posting a 'status'
Here is one I love:
 
I have also seen variations of the above that states the same then at the end "Tell me more about how awful your life is"
My teens are on facebook and tell me all the time how all their friends have all of the above . My girls do now have an iphone, we got a family plan and the 3g is only .99 cents. They pay me monthly for their own usage.
 Yes my girls get jealous and we talk about glutony is a sin as well as envy. I mean I can not blame them it would be nice to have an ipad or two for homeschooling. Downloading books especially classics are free and it takes up less space. Then there are the moms that give there children everything they want. I mean reading on facebook about a mom whose 3 year has his own ipad its a little much. What are we teaching our children? And then there are the teen friends of one of my girls that complain and disrespect their mom on FB because they dont have an iphone or an ipad....We wonder why we have issues with our teens? Moms and dads need to wake up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!