Friday, September 14, 2012

Update on Dyshidrosis , now hives

I woke up yesterday feeling like I had fire ants all over my body. My hand was swollen and I felt terrible. A friend of mine told me about another dermatologist in our town. So by the Grace of God I actually got an appt.
The nurses at the new dermatologist confirmed that the other dermatologist I saw was horrible. MANY of their patients left him to come to them confirming this. They said my finger was indeed infected, after the other dr said it was not.
 While I do not like much conventional medicine I know it has its place at times. I was given a prescription for a strong antibiotic, antihistamine and some cortizone ointment. I can not use the ointment, it made it worse. They also convinced me to let them give me a intra muscular injection (I think a steroid) that would get rid of the swelling and relief quickly. I pray it doesnt make me worse. I go back in two weeks and if hives are still there he will biopsy it. So we still do not know why I have all this .
I honestly feel no different and actually have more hives all over my body. I am prone to thrush/yeast so I hate taking antibiotics. I am taking probiotics two hours after the Bactrum.
I also went to the local health store yesterday afternoon. The nice lady there took one look at my finger and said the skin tissue was dying and my body was reacting to this with hives...She told me to try the Sovereign Silver first aid gel and some aloe vera (to drink) . I have notice best relief with the silver gel. Amazing stuff and it feels good. I am also taking nat mur and rhus tox mixed in a water bottle. Hoping it will get the hives gone. Since so far the lortadine and the prescription antihistamine is not.
Please keep praying for me. This is so miserable. It even hurts to nurse because holding sebastian on my skin makes it burn more...
 
These are a few photos of how my hand appears today, notice my finger that skin feels like a scab, and I cannot feel anything on my finger tip area, that worries me. AS I fear the nerves maybe damaged. I still am not sure how to handle the issue with the other dermatologist I saw. HE should not be practicing medicine.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:55 PM

    Oh Lisa. I am so very sorry. I know that it takes time to get benefit from medicines. They don't always work overnight. Give it some time, at least that is my first thought.

    Lora P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!