Monday, October 03, 2011

Dairy free Coconut Cake

 I searched for a duplicate of my Grandma's coconut cake. However I needed a vegan dairy free version . So I took several recipes and made one of my own. It was for Ansely's 15th birthday and it was a huge hit. The best tasting cake yet!

Here is the recipe:
Cake
1 cup earth balance
3 cups organic sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Cream the earth balance add sugar cream well. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla.
4 cups organic unbleached flour sifted with
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

1/2 cup coconut milk creamer ( I use so delicious )
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 can pineapple (purée in my vitamix)

Add flour alternately with coconut milk. Mix well. Add pineapple . Mix

Pour into 3 9 inch greased cake pans. Bake 350 20-30 minutes . Or till golden.

While cake bakes prepare coconut filling.

Coconut filling
1 cup organic sugar
1 container non dairy cream cheese
1/2 cup organic coconut flakes
5 tb coconut creamer

Cream all ingredients together set aside in fridge.

After cakes cool spread filling between layers. Ice cake with a butter cream frosting with 4 tb non dairy cream Cheese. Top with organic coconut.
I use the standard Wilton buttercream recipe.

Here are photos of the cake for some reasons the first few I uploaded from my iphone will not go in proper order. The last few are from my digital SLR.


This is the filling



Top layer




This is out of the oven







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!