Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Clarifying, and a book referal

I was rereading my past weeks blog posts thinking to some that do not know me well may think I hate my country or the military. I want to say that LOVE God, my husband, my country and his service to this country. It s just SO hard to see your husband change SO much and its been since the deployment. I know I am not alone on this. IT  is so disturbing to me the huge numbers of wounded  veterans we we have that are unseen. Having to fight the system to get him help has been an eye opener.

I was talking the other day to another Army wife. Her husband has been in for over 20 years and MANY tours. He is suffering also and so is their family. While we were talking she told me her sister is writing a book about this subject. i said something about why does'nt the army take care of our soldiers and get them help. Her response was ' because if they fix them they won't want to keep deploying etc" UGH! sadly I feel she is right! SO many soldiers like her husband keep redeploying because of the 'rush' the adrenaline. Some redeploy to escape home life because they can's handle it at home with children. OR they just can not reconnect with their spouse.

I started reading a book called Taming The Fire Within http://tamingthefirewithin.com/tamingthefirewithin.com/Welcome.html . A neighbor told me about the author a local floridian. I ordered the book months ago. I never read a lot of it it was too much for me , not that it was gruesome or anything. After I got my husband in the VA he learned the author was seeing patients at our local clinic. However he missed his appt with her because she had to cancel. He started seeing the social worker, I went once and he sucked. Ryan had finally got in to see Dr Freud recently. He really like her, however with him taking the job I have no idea how he will continue, time will tell. She gave him several of her signed books. I started reading the book again. I am learning a lot about how the soldiers return with 'emotional detachment'. Ill keep you posted on what I learn from the book.

I had also let my friend borrow a copy. She is getting much out of it she said and her husband has also read a few pages....I pray her husband can find peace and get help because he was failed by the army. When the war was at the peak over 8 years ago he had injuries and tried to get help in Germany, The help he recieved was being transfered to another unit! I really dont understand THAT. But he felt let down she said and never got proper help. I keep encouraging her to get him to get help thru the VA. I know he has severe PTSD. IT is so sad. HE has retired from Army but is still doing work for the army.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!