Friday, February 24, 2012

Ash Wednesday

It has been a very busy week. Leading into Lent...I managed to take a few quick photos with my phone at mass ash Wednesday . As usual it's always interesting at mass with 6 children...and no dad to help. I've gotten use to it the past 2 years.
Sebastian actually did pretty good at mass. Maybe because we had to sit on the opposite side of the church because the parish school was at the mass time I picked .
It's funny to walk in with my brood with a church full of CPS children...they looked envious .
The highlight of attention was felicity apparently let out a piggy sounding snort ....I didn't hear but all the CPS kids did and turned to giggle.
Felicity is a handful . I get dirty looks a lot from people at Mass due to her busy self. I do teach her to be respectful at mass...but until you have been blessed with a sensory sensitive child or a special needs child most don't get it....I just smile and pray for those that give me dirty looks. Because I am doing my part . Jesus said let the little children come to me...He didn't say they had to be perfect, still and quiet.
So for all of you that go to mass or another church keep this in mind , smile at that mom struggling with her spirited child , give her a hug tell her she is doing a fine job! Offer help or distraction (in a loving way) a pencil and paper do wonders with 2 year olds .


2 comments:

  1. Ethan! love that face!
    Felicity! You and Mary can have face making contests together!

    Looks like you and the kids are getting out and doing some fun things (MOSH and ZOO). Love the zoo pics.

    Keep the Faith!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear! Trying to keep them busy and educated . We have a membership ..
    Yes my kids are clowns :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!