Friday, February 17, 2012

Finally something....

Finally yesterday we got some better news. There is an opening at a VA facility about 4 hours away. It is a 8-12 week program for wounded warriors .

They specialize in PTSD . That's about all I know at this time. He will be transferred in a few days.

However he is wanting to be released a day or two early and come home and see the children. I'm not sure if that's a good idea for the children since it will be difficult on them and then he leaves for a few months. I'm also a little concerned if he can handle them even for a day.
So that's where we are today. My persistence seemed to work along with a lot of prayers . Thank you for those that are following our story and offering prayers. I still never heard back from anyone at the VA or his drs...that's so frustrating . There has been one lady whom has been helping me all thru this
She has been such a blessing . I have not met her yet either , she is the mom I another LLL Leader in S fl. So as usually it's another like minded momma that's been caring enough to help me. She works at the VA but doesn't get paid for helping me! Thank you 'carol' !
We still have a long road ahead . And there is no job....still waiting to hear about disability and this other pay for NG . Thankful for a tax refund ...but it won't last with 6 kids to care for. But I do have faith because God continues to make sure me and my children are fed and have a place to live.
This past week was st Valentines day....my sweet children got me roses and a card ( they said since my husband wasn't here and he should )

***UPDATE TONIGHT
I spoke with him briefly it appears he will not be released to come home because he has to transfer to the VA facility...HE was also wanting a pass to leave for a few hours becasue he wants to spend time with the children ...But he will not be allowed to. SO he is wanting me to bring all the kids during visiting hours saturday....I have very mixed feelings about this. One is the enviroment (this IS a drug rehab facility) two My kids are crazy and it will be very stressful to keep them in a open gym. Third I do not want my little ones to be exposed to germs...sebastian gets ill very easy since he was a preemie. I must pray about this. I feel bad because he really wants to see them all. Im alaso worried it wiLL UPSET a few of them..Especially Felicity, her birthday is approaching and once again he will miss it.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!