Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update on treatment~ February 14

This past week has been a nightmare. Ryan has been in the facility since Wednesday . I went to see him during visitation Saturday. He was anxious and would not give eye contact. Making his jokes and sarcasm. I had called several times and no one at the VA or his case manager would call me back. He kept saying he did sign permission for me to be contacted . However Saturday one of the nurses at the facility said my name was nowhere on the file. All along Ryan has been telling me he has been asking for a transfer to a VA facility. Last week when he was admitted he was told the VA was full!

I have called several times and no one called me until today . His case manager tells me he just signed permission yesterday that he had not put down my name . It's so hard to know who to believe . Because I know he was a mess last week and is now on two medications . She goes on to tell me that he hasn't ask for a transfer.

It's driving me crazy! He is in a place for drug and alcohol rehab and they say it's for military also. But this is not what he needs. He needs a place with other veterans so he "fits" in.
I have called the local VA , I have called the VA in Gainesville. THREE times since monday. NO ONE will call me back. Finally today I called his TBI liason. She answered...I get the same song and dance. The VA is ALL full no beds. So basically tellin gme he should stay where he is. We did hear today he is 'approved' for the VA facility in tampa. But wont have an opening till march. MARCH! Are you kidding?! I KNOW I am not alone. Im so sick to hear and know how many veterans are suffering. That need help but can't get it becasue of MONEY. Lack of funds for the VA! Then we have so many returning soldiers. I KNOW there are so many other families JUST LIKE us suffering. Something MUST be done. I am so frustrated. BEcause since he in in a NON VA facility the VA doesnt even have access to his care plan or whta meds they are using.
HE wants out of there. But it really is not safe for him or us for him to be home. I feel so helpless.
HE called me several times today. wanting me to come see him again....I KNEW inside why. HE wanted his snuff, becasue he was out. I caved and went tonight with a sick baby. I got FIVE minutes with him before visiting was over. HE asked me to go get him the 'dip' and leave it at the desk. I felt so used. But I allowed it. I keep telling myself....This is what Jesus would do. Even though he has been not so nice to me in a long time.
A part of me wants him OUT of there. But I have tried my natural route and it jsut was not working or so I thought. HE has to want help. HE has to be willing to follow a strict healthy diet instead of eating out and eating junk.

I have so much going thru my head. Much many will not agree on. I serioulsy feel deep down all the chemicals and vaccinations they fill them with has caused his body to not be able to heal.
I just today learned of another family suffering. Another soldier that has snapped so to speak. And he doesnt remember why! THis poor family needs help and prayers. They too have a difficult road ahead. And it makes me wonder what has been done to them to have such similar issues. Such as losing memory.

I am also seriously thinking of contacting the local news. Telling my story...I have much to pray about tonight.

Have a Blessed night....

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Lisa, I know it's so hard. I have had to deal with advocating for my young son and getting him the mental/behavioral help he has needed the last 3 years and getting it all going was just horrible, the phone calls and put-offs, and waiting waiting waiting when he needed help NOW. We ended up just taking and admitting him for a week at a children's hospital - and it began the process. But still it took 2 more months to get secure help for him.
    I am praying you Ryan and that he gets the location and help he needs - it just irks me these men don't take priority and get the help they need immediately. I have a friend here whose husband back from Afghanistan is sitting in a county jail, (3 months now) for assault and battery on a neighbor...who dropped the charges, but they won't let him out until his court date in March...sigh...and so this man needs help and intervention and medication now...and is getting nothing. Very sad and breaks my heart.
    Praying for your strength...keep fighting! Many blessings, HUGS, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise I'm so sorry! I had no idea of your struggles ! Will also be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, have a Blessed Day!